Sunday, October 4, 2015

Special moments

Special moments, some examples would be, new babies, birthdays, Christmas, family reunions, celebrating some one overcoming a disease and weddings. For my family we celebrated both yesterday, my little brother married an amazing woman, and our Dad has overcome cancer so he could be there on this special day.
Yesterday was cold and rainy, it was an outdoor wedding, the announcer for the event stated that, "the rain was a reminder of those that couldn't be there that day were still there with us and they were pouring down their love upon those of us that were missing them." (No this isn't the exact quote but as close as I could remember it.) The setting was perfect, the garden's were stunning, my Dad, Mom, and her parents looked beautiful. The wedding party down to my niece looked perfectly amazing, the flowers were just right, the music was perfect, there was love and humor behind each song, there was love and laughter through out the whole thing.
You could see in my Brothers eyes and actions the nerves and excitement as he watch his friends, his little Sister, and his daughter walk down the path toward him, but the moment that stands out in my mind was when his bride entered the scene and you could see the look of pride and love that was on his face. There was a moment before all of this for me that had me in tears, it was the moment when my Brother brought my Dad and Mom out and seated them. This was a moment that over the last few years we weren't sure if it would happen, even up until a few weeks ago. Our Dad beat cancer, with our Mom by his side the whole time, it wasn't always easy for them or for us kids, but he made it, he is one of the strongest people I know. There is still a road to recovery but he is firmly on it. My daughter was seated next to me, and whispered to me, "Mom, don't cry." with a smile on her face. I whispered back to her, "I can't help it, I am so happy that we all are here for this moment, I was afraid your Grandpa wouldn't get to be here for this." She just wiped away my tears and leaned her head on my shoulder.
Special moments are not always just one moment in time, they are a series of moments all rolled up into one, as time goes on we may not remember every second of every event that we attend
 but there will always be moments that will stick with you forever. That moment and a few others from this day will always stick with me, and just like as I am writing this now will probably bring a tear to my eye.
Remember those moments, carry them with you, after you lived them to their fullest.

Much love,
MK

No comments:

Post a Comment